I’ve been asked can I use home remedies to learn how to stop cramps.
I think that the person asking the question means is it possible to stop cramp at home without having to go to a doctor. And the answer, of course, is yes, of course you can.
However, some “home remedies” often aren’t really remedies at all because they often don’t work consistently.
The Med Conditions Dictionary (dictionary of medical conditions terminology) says that home remedies are “Systems of medicine based on cultural beliefs and practices handed down from generation to generation”. In our context they are simply home remedies to learn how to stop cramps that have been passed down from one person to another. (photo credit)
We suffer cramps for various reasons:-
= Exercising stronger and for longer than the muscles are prepared for
= An imbalance of electrolytes, hormones or fluids
= Inactivity causing weak muscles, and
= A health condition
The reasons we suffer cramp are described in detail in The Most Popular Reasons For What Causes Cramp. And whatever remedy we apply, it has to “cure” the actual cause of the cramp we are suffering from.
Having said that, here are some unusual and interesting home remedies to learn how to stop cramps, but remember, they are not offered as a substitute for professional medical prevention, diagnosis, or treatment.
Please consult with your doctor or health care provider before trying any of these home remedies or following any treatment suggested here. Only your health care provider is able to provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs or diagnose your particular medical history.
Menstrual Cramps – Home Remedies To Learn How To Stop Cramps
- Microwave a pack of rice and place it on your abdomen to relieve cramps.
- Drink a cup of hot tea with some lemon juice and a teaspoon of whiskey – it can work!
- Drink chamomile tea each morning and night for the duration of your for ongoing relief.
- Drink a hot cup of water with grated fresh ginger (or powdered ginger) in it. Put some honey in to improve the taste.
- Drink something hot like tea, coffee, or whatever you like hot, and then just lay down and relax. This is one of the home remedies to learn how to stop cramps
- Exercise for relief. Walk, run or cycle for 15 to 20 minutes or so and then have a warm shower or bath.
- Drink comfrey tea and alfalfa to alleviate muscle cramps.
- Do some few very simple yoga poses that mildly exercise the stomach.
Home Remedies To Learn How To Stop Cramps
- Pinch yourself somewhere that isn’t hurting and the pain relaxes the cramp
- To get rid of cramps at night, put a bar of soap between the sheets. Dove non-soap soap does not work. Use any normal strong soap bar.
- Massage the cramped muscle with a soothing balm
- Spray Anais Anais Eau De Toilette Spray onto the affected area and then just relax for about 3 minutes.
- Eat a banana and then drink something warm like hot tea, hot chocolate, or just hot water
- Drink a desertspoonfiul of cider vinegar or sweet pickle juice
- ”Turn your slippers over before going to bed”. This is one of the old home remedies to learn how to stop cramps and strangely enough , it does seem to work for some people.
- Squeeze the top lip just below the nose and hold that position until the cramps are relieved.. this is an acupressure point and is part of the energy meridian network
- Pinch the bottom lip as hard as you can bear for about 15 seconds to deal with leg pain
- To stop leg cramp, press the foot of the leg that is in pain between the big toe and the second toe
- Press the cartiledge between the nostrils at the bottom of the nose witht eh side of the first finger at the first sign of cramp
And finally, something that many people have found to work for them:-
A Genuine Old Recipe For Cramp Relief
There is an organic remedy that ca n be bought and used for cramps. It is made by Caleb Treeze Organic Farm and is actually based on an old Amish remedy. It’s called Stops Leg Cramps, and very often will stop even the most severe cramp straight away and can also keep them away for a good 24 hours. For more information about it go to Stops Leg and Foot Cramps Natural and Organic Mixture
Which home remedies to learn how to stop cramps have you found to be successful?
- How To Stop Cramps 101 The Best Way For The Weekend Warrior (whatcausescramp.com)
- How To Relieve Cramps And Ease Pain (whatcausescramp.com)
- What Do Muscle Cramps Feel Like? Answer The Question (whatcausescramp.com)
- Top 18 Places To Ask What Causes Cramp (whatcausescramp.com)
- How To Stop Cramps With Gary Erickson (whatcausescramp.com)